Anton Katz, Barrister and Solicitor
J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1994
Called to the Ontario Bar, 1996
Sole Practitioner since 2001
- Licensee, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Elected Member, Ontario Bar Association Council, Toronto Region
- Member-At-Large, Access To Justice Committee, Ontario Bar Association
- Trustee, OBA Foundation
- Chair, OBA Foundation Chief Justice of Ontario Fellowships in Legal Ethics and Professionalism Committee, since 2015
- Co-organizer of the inaugural OBA Foundation Debate, May 2016. The subject of the debate was “Be it resolved that justice demands a new approach to sexual assualt trials” and was held in response to the controversial Jian Ghomeshi trial
- Co-organizer of the production of three upcoming YouTube videos for the cJustice Video Library: “Human Rights Complaints in the Workplace”, “Making a Will and Powers of Attorney” and “Separation Agreements”
- Mentor, Osgoode Hall Law School, Ontario Bar Association and Law Society of Upper Canada
- Business and Litigation Tutor, Bar Admission Course
I am a corporate-commercial / civil litigation lawyer practising in Toronto, having been called to the Bar in 1996. I am blessed with a dedicated and capable team of legal assistants and law clerks. I have a passion for what I do, and strive to assist small businesses with their challenges and opportunities. My focus is on providing cost-effective, timely and practical legal solutions to my clients’ diverse needs. I endeavour to communicate in a simple, straight-forward manner and to remain personable in my approach. If you are a small business, and need assistance with your ‘agreements’ or ‘disagreements’, please feel free to contact me.
I have built and sustained a solid network of lawyers, accountants and other professionals. I frequently reach out to them to gain greater perspective.
I am actively involved with the legal profession, having served on the Ontario Bar Association (OBA) Council since 2012, and as a Trustee of the OBA Foundation since 2014. I am a mentor for both the OBA and the Law Society of Upper Canada and have tutored Bar Admission Course students.
I enjoy learning. As much as I am a practitioner of the law, I am also a lifelong student of it.
Jeanelle is a corporate law clerk as well as the office manager. She provides support in regards to maintaining corporate records and preparing commercial agreements. She also ensures that the office is well equipped with the resources everyone needs to work effectively. Jeanelle holds a bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics from York University and is currently pursuing her MBA. With a background in math and finance, she not only understands the inner workings of the corporate world, but also brings a tactical, problem solving approach to the table. Jeanelle loves learning and trying new things. She also enjoys swimming, listening to music, dancing and art.
Lynda is a legal assistant who provides support in regards to civil litigation and general office administration. Lynda graduated from Humber College in 2005 with a Post-Graduate Certificate in Office Administration – Law Firm Profile. Prior to that she was a student at Sheridan College and graduated in 2002 with a Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources. Lynda enjoys cooking, reading and sightseeing.